Security Officer I
Security Officer I is an entry level position, while no experience is required some experience is preferred, we will train. If you meet the below qualifications, apply today.
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
• Must understand shifts may include hours during the evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Clean driving record for past 3 years.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
• Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
• Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift.
• Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
• Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
• Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
• Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
• Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
• Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
• Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills.
• Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
* Minimum of 1 year security experience preferred, but willing to train the right person.
* Perform access control to the building, monitor cameras (per policy).
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
* Professional appearance.
* Punctual and reliable.
* Basic working computer knowledge and skills.
* Possess a current and valid Denver Merchant Guard License OR be able to obtain one prior to start.
* Prior Law Enforcement/Military experience a plus but not required.
Starting pay depending on work experience levels. A 90-day probation period is required.
Please attach a current and complete resume with your response so our staff can evaluate your qualifications.